Giving something back
Often balancing a hectic work schedule with an equally hectic life schedule can be very difficult, with the time to give something back, often squeezed out. At JDX we try to make time for our staff to give to a common cause we all believe in. This year JDX have teamed up with Help for Heroes which aims to deliver an enduring national network of support for the wounded and their families.
Help for Heroes inspires and enables those who have made sacrifices on our behalf to achieve their full potential. In the last 12 months Help for Heroes have helped over 4,000 Veterans and military personnel – and their families – through a network of Recovery Centres. It is estimated that, of the 220,560 individuals deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq between 2001 and 2014, up to 75,000 servicemen and women (and their families) may need support in the future. JDX and Help for Heroes will not let them fight these battles alone.
What do JDX do to help?
At JDX we have set out our own mission, through the medium of fun events (which ties in with our own company culture) to reach our own fundraising goals. We have a dedicated committee (SSCC) which focuses on Social, Sports and Charity.
In March 2016 we named Help for Heroes as our JDX charity of the year and swiftly held our kick-off event consisting of a meet and greet, raffle, and JDX style battle cry to get behind the charity we will all be passionately fighting to support for the year. From this event we raised in excess of £1,300 – boding well for a fantastic year ahead.
Throughout 2016, we have planned many potential charity events:
- Tough Mudder – a 10-12 mile mud filled obstacle course designed to drag you out of your comfort zone by testing your physical strength, stamina, and mental grit.
- Wimbledon garden party – full of Pimms, strawberries, cream and the occasional glance towards the tennis.
- Mount Kilimanjaro – We will be sending a team of JDXers, to scale Mount Kilimanjaro…I think I’ll stick with Murray Mound…
- Sky Dive – For the more thrill seeking members of JDX, we will be throwing them out of an aeroplane in the name of the great cause.
- City Heroes – A team of JDX city heroes will be taking part in a membership group for ambitious rising stars across a range of different industries who come together to champion the Help for Heroes cause through fundraising events and challenges in the city.
We at JDX are proud to be supporting such a worthy cause. We offer the framework for our staff to make time to contribute and fight passionately to give to those who fought passionately to look after us.
Written by Mark, Consultant at JDX